This article will show you how to create and run a simple view to excel export using POI4XPages, which is an OSGI Plugin that adds Apache POI support to your XPage Project.
- First you need to install POI4XPages plugin from OpenNTF to your server and client
- Note: An article for installing the POI4XPages OSGI Plugin will be coming soon
- Open up the database in Domino Designer that will be using POI
- Open "Xsp Properties" and click on the Page Generation tab
- Create a new XPage. You'll see the following controls in the Controls Palette
- Drag the simple View Export into you new Export XPage also create a button on your XPage
- Click on the button and create a simple action
- Select the sveId, you should find the ID of your simple Export control in the list.
- Select you export component and select “All properties”
- Add a downloadFileName with a name of you choice i.e export.xls
- set include header to tru if you want to export the view headers
- Set the view you want to export in the property view
Now you are ready to run the export. Try it by previewing the XPage